Rusangu University Courses 2023/2024
Welcome to the Rusangu University Courses page. This page of our website shows all the Courses offered at Rusangu University.
The Rusangu University offer all kinds of Courses including, Short Courses, Professional Courses, Certificate Courses, Diploma Courses, Degree Courses, Masters Courses and PhD Courses. The Rusangu University Intake for 2023/2024 also features some Online Courses.
Quick Links: Rusangu University Online Application.
Check details of the Rusangu University Entry Requirements if you are interested in reading any of the Programmes.
Before you head on to read the information that we have gather on this page about the Rusangu University Online Application for 2023/2024, we entreat our readers especially students, parents and teachers to spend some few minutes to read more about Rusangu University.
About Rusangu University
Rusangu University is situated on the Rusangu Mission land, and it is about 16 kilometers from Monze town off the Lusaka – Livingstone highway. Rusangu Mission is about 200 kilometers south of Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia, in the Southern Province. Other institutions existing on the same land are the South Zambia Conference, the Rusangu Rural Health Centre, the Rusangu Basic School and the Rusangu Secondary School. Rusangu University was established in May 2003 and is currently the largest Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher learning in the Southern Africa Indian Ocean Division (SID) with a total enrolment of 4,474 students as of September 2020.1
The University is registered by the Higher Education Authority (HEA) of Zambia and is accredited by the worldwide Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AAA) and other professional accrediting institutions such as the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), the General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNC), and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), among others. Rusangu University was among the first Christian universities to be registered as a private university under the University Act No. 11 of 1999 by the Ministry of Education, Government of the Republic of Zambia. Currently, the University is registered under the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013. As of the 2022 academic year, the University has seven schools, each administered by a dean, offering a number of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
School of Business
In the School of Business, we believe that business training is a vital part of our worldwide mission, and that Christian business graduates become agents of positive change for the community, church and continent. The degrees in Accounting, Human Resource Management and Computer & Management Information Systems open many career opportunities for young men and women in the Church and in the global business. As faithful custodians of assets entrusted in their care, students train for a life of service through business professionalism integrated with Christian values for the transformation of Africa.
School of Education
The School of Education operates within the framework of the Seventh-day Adventist philosophy which promotes a harmonious development of the physical, mental, spiritual and social powers. The goal of Adventist education is to prepare students for the joy of service in this world and in the world to come. The school educates and trains teachers who will go out into the world to provide Christian service. Our students are adequately prepared to integrate theory and practice.
School of Health Sciences
The Rusangu University School of Health Sciences is an integral component of its parent institution and, therefore, is committed to the teachings and the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The School of Health Sciences conducts its academic affairs in accordance with the University’s aims and policies, the standards of the academic community and of the nursing, biomedical and environmental health professions. Its philosophy and mission focus on education, scientific inquiry and service within the scope of nursing and environmental knowledge and practice.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is guided by the philosophy and conviction that the questioning mind, creative and imaginative thinking as well as dedicated discipline and sense of duty best reflect and characterize successful and progressive educational systems of process. The School also reflects the conviction that humanistic disciplines are civil society’s driving engine, the key to its creativity, diversity, imagination, and hence its spontaneity, human rights, democratic values, tolerance, pluralism, and good governance as well as academic freedom and liberty.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Scientific enquiry is a search to discover God’s creative work at both the micro and macro levels. The goal is to train youth to be independent thinkers and not mere reflectors of the instructor’s thoughts. (E.G. White: Education). The School of Science and Technology firmly believes that coherence of the principles of science and technology, the logical consistencies thereof, the power and versatility of these, point to the One who is omnipotent, omniscient, the only true and wise God, the Creator of the universe. “Studied in the true spirit of ‘thirsting for true knowledge, science and technology point the scholar to the science of all wisdom, power and indeed the beginning of all knowledge.” (E.G. White: Education).
School of Theology and Religious Studies
The School of Theology and Religious Studies’ philosophy of education is Christ-centered for He is revealed in the Holy Scriptures as creator, sustainer of the heavens and the earth, and the ultimate source of knowledge and wisdom. True education restores God’s image through the total development of the individual spiritually, mentally, physically and socially, preparing the individual for responsible service on earth and for the kingdom of God. Excellence in theological and religious thinking and the role of religion and the conscience of human society are emphasized.
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
Refining the scholar’s analytical and problem-solving skills as a prelude to a life of further study, independent research is a primary goal of graduate study. The ultimate aim of graduate study at Rusangu University is to produce a scholar who is able to create independent, original and excellent research. At the end of the student’s period of study, they would have acquired the requisite skills to contribute to the body of knowledge and share their research findings in both written and oral presentations.
List of Rusangu University Courses 2023/2024
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Computers and Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Civic Education
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Computers and Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in English Language and Literature
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Guidance and Counselling
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in History
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Primary Education
- Bachelor of Arts with Education in Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Agriculture Science
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Biology
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Family and Consumer Science
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Geography
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science with Education in Physics
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Bachelor of Arts in Social work
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Journalism
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Geography
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Technology
SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY
- Bachelor of Arts Religion
- Bachelor of Arts Theology
- Masters in Applied Linguistics with Education
- Masters in Curriculum Development with Education
- Masters in Psychology with Education
- Masters in Religious Studies with Education
- Masters Of Science in Software Engineering
See Additional Articles on Rusangu University
We believe this information about Rusangu University Courses for 2023/2024 Academic Year has been useful to you.
Also, we have sorted other educational articles (Universities Courses) below which may interest our wonderful readers aside Rusangu University Courses for 2023/2024. Kindly click on them to check the Universities Courses for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Other Universities Courses
Private Universities in Zambia Courses 2023/2024