Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Fees 2023/2024
What are the expected fees to be paid at Hoerskool Marias Viljoen for the 2023/2024 Academic year?
Parents and guardians who have their wards at Hoerskool Marias Viljoen requesting Fees scheduled for the 2023/2024 Academic year should kindly pay much attention to this page for the information that our team has collected regarding Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Fees 2023/2024. This information on the fees is also made available to help parents who are yet to enrol their children on the school as it will help you to have a clear idea on “How much to pay as school fees”.
If you are yet to apply for a vacancy for your ward, then you are advised to read and understand the Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Admission process.
First-time applicants may like to see Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Subjects Offered. Click to see…
The Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Fees Schedule for 2023/2024
Find below the Hoerskool Marias Viljoen Fees Schedule for 2023/2024
Hoerskool Marias Viljoen School fees
A discount (discount on school fees) applies if you use one of the following two options:
It is resolved that School fees of R30 240 be paid:
- In full by 15 March 2023, in which case a discount of R2 320 will be granted.
- One-month discount (R2130) if you swipe your debit card on the AEDO system before 31 January 2023
- Any monies received (i.e. tour money) from a parent/learner will first be allocated to school fees
- In the case of the matric farewell, learners’ school fees must be paid, or an arrangement must be made with the Finance office before a learner may attend. This is in addition to the requirement that matric farewell fees are not part of the school fees.
- In terms of family law, parents are jointly and separately liable for the payment of school fees, the marital status has no influence on it.
- In the event of non-payment of school fees, the school will take legal action against both parents regardless of any maintenance or court order that may exist between parents.
- In terms of Section 39 of the SA Schools Act, the parents are responsible for the payment of the compulsory school fee.
- In terms of Sections 40 and 41 of the SA Schools Act, the school may enforce the payment of compulsory school fees.
- Note that in terms of Section 41(5)(a) of the Schools Act, fees must be paid within 3 (three) months after receipt of a letter of claim.
If you pay on or before 15 March 2023 (cash or credit card):
Total school fees for 2023 R30 240
The first payment due on 30 November 2023 is R 2 950
Balance payable before 28 February 2023 – R24 970
Minus discount R 2 320
TOTAL R27 920
Payment via AEDO-debit order:
First payment due on 30 November 2023 – R 2 950
Minus discount R 2 130
Monthly fixed debit order over 11 months January to November 2023 R 2 287
Total – R28 110
School fees if you do not use option 1 or 2
The first payment (already payable on 30 November 2023) R 2 950
Amount over 12 months per month R 2 274
Sub Total for 12 months R27 290
Total school fees R30 240
A monthly amount of R2 274 is payable if you use one of the following methods:
- Electronic Bank Transfer, Cash, Credit Card or Debit
- Using one of the discount options will bring you significant savings.
- Our parent community is encouraged to take advantage of the above discount.
- If a student who enrolled in 2023 does not show up for school in 2023, the parents can apply in writing for the reimbursement of the first payment made.
- Debit orders will be affected monthly on the day requested by parents.
It is resolved that
The criteria for the total, partial or conditional exemption of parents, who are unable to pay compulsory school fees, be determined by the criteria set out in The Exemption of Parents from School Fees Regulations (as amended in Government Gazette 39392 of 17 November 2006)
It is resolved that the following procedures will apply e.g.:
- A parent who wishes to be exempted from the payment of school fees for a child at Marais Viljoen High School shall apply annually in writing by completing the relevant forms provided by the school and returning the forms on or before 28 February 2023.
- The parent shall attend an interview with the Manager of Finance.
- The Chairperson and the Treasurer will evaluate each application by applying the relevant legislation and regulations before granting or declining an application.
Applicants will be informed, in writing, by the SGB of the outcome within 30 days of the parent lodging the application, provided that all relevant documentation was submitted with the application.
- The exemption amount is calculated on both parents’ gross income, profits on investments and business transactions.
- Foster parents are automatically exempted and only need to submit the necessary supporting documents but can make a voluntary contribution.
Re-application must be made annually.
- Divorced parents or single parents (i.e. widow, widower) who apply must submit the divorce certificate or death certificate of the other parent responsible for the funds.
- It is resolved that: The SGB be authorized to make payments to state-employed members of staff in terms of Section 38A of SASA. That the sum of R2 457 616 allocated towards Section 38A payments as reflected in the budget as tabled, be approved.
It is resolved that the following schedules, which are attached as addenda to the budget, be accepted:
- The Schedule of official activities of the school as per the schedule titled “Pursuits which are part of the School Programme” (see attached list)
- The list of items/actions which fall outside of the school program. (see attached list)
- The financial office’s hours for 2023 during school terms:-
Monday – Thursday 07:00-15:00
Marais Viljoen High School / Technical High School
Cheque Account 210510990
Alberton Branch 631142
Reference: Surname, name/action (i.e. school fees, netball…)
Find below a list of Admission into Best High Schools In Mpumalanga 2023/2024
List of High Schools In South Africa Latest Update