Copperbelt University School of Medicine Qualifications 2024/2025
Copperbelt University School of Medicine Qualifications 2024/2025 – See Details of Copperbelt University School of Medicine Qualification
The Management of Copperbelt University School of Medicine has announced the various Courses and their Qualification Courses for 2024/2025 Copperbelt University School of Medicine Admissions. Prospective Students can check and apply for Admission.
Copperbelt University School of Medicine Requirements – Copperbelt University School of Medicine Qualifications 2024/2025
This is intended for students in the School of Natural Sciences Non-Quota who select Medicine or Dentistry as their first choice after 1 year in the SNM at the Copperbelt University
- Pass in all the courses in the SNMS Non-quota
- A minimum of 8 points in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology
- A comment of clear pass
External Selection (Parallel Program)
This is intended for students, not in the CBU SMNS Non-quota group, and includes eligible students with equivalent qualifications from other schools, institutions or Universities
- “A” level qualifications at least with a minimum of passes in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics or its equivalent
- Students with 1 year in Natural sciences at any approved University with passes in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics will be admissible.
- Direct entry students will be those with BSc in Natural Sciences with Biology and Chemistry majors or health-related sciences will be admissible. Students with credits and above will be preferred.
Admission Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine
This is a 3-year program leading to the award of a BSc in Clinical Medicine. It is intended to upgrade the skills and knowledge for holders of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine. However, any health professional with a Diploma in health sciences may apply.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Health-related field
- A Level with passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- One year in the School of Natural Sciences with passes in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology
Admission Bachelor for Post Graduate Courses
The CBU SOM offer two types of Postgraduate training programs. These programs are the following;
- Clinical Master degrees
- Research Degrees
These are programs designed to train Medical Scientists in the areas of Basic Medical Sciences( these include Anatomy, Physiology, Laboratory Sciences etc) and Clinical sciences(these include Medicine, Surgery, Urology etc). The cadres maybe a Medical Doctors, Veterinary Doctors, Health professionals or another scientist with the essential pre-requisites in the area of Medical Sciences. The program will train a cadre of scientists to support Basic Medical Sciences research as well as Clinical sciences research. It serves to promote a career path in Academic research in Medicine.
Two programs are offered in this field namely;
- Master of Science Degree (leading to a career as a Senior Medical Scientist, who would manage an Academic Research unit within the University system or other similar institutions)
- Doctor of Science Degree (leading to a career as an Expert Medical Scientist, who would manage an Academic Research department or institute within the University or other similar institutions
See Additional Articles on Copperbelt University